Community resources and supports are often beneficial for patients undergoing cancer treatment.
The Canadian Cancer Society's Community Services Locator (CSL) is a directory that helps cancer patients, caregivers and healthcare providers find the services they need. Through the CSL, you can search for:
- emotional support programs
- how to get to your cancer treatment
- where to find a wig or prosthesis
Look Good Feel Better workshops are free two-hour workshops to help patients deal with changes to their appearance during cancer treatment. Cosmeticians teach skin care and make-up application. Wigs and other hair alternatives are also shown. Expert volunteers are available to answer questions and product samples are provided.
Call 1-800-914-5665 to find a workshop in your community.
Wellspring offers a wide range of cancer support programs and services, at no charge, to meet the emotional, social, psychological and informational needs of people living with cancer, and those who care for them. There are two Wellspring locations in the South West region in London and Stratford.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) works as a team with family physicians and nurse practitioners to help cancer patients live safely and comfortably at home, and make the transition from hospital to home, and from home to other living arrangements.
To make a referral to CCAC, complete the electronic referral form and fax it to the appropriate office:
- London/Middlesex Elgin: 519-472-4045
- Grey/Bruce/Perth/Huron/Oxford: 519-273-2847 or 1-855-223-2847
You can also make a referral by:
- connecting with your Care Coordinator on site (if you have one)
- calling the Physican Hotline: 1-844-CCAC-4MD (1-844-222-2463) between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to immediately talk to a Care Coordinator
- calling the South West CCAC at 310-CCAC (no area code necessary)
CCAC also offers symptom management, palliative care, and survivorship services for patients in the region.
Canadian Cancer Society
Look Good Feel Better