The South West Regional Cancer Plan is a blueprint to meet the unique and specific cancer care needs in the South West.
The plan focuses on building strong partnerships and ensuring sustainability for the future.
Based on the same principles and framework as the Ontario Cancer Plan IV, this plan will guide regional service improvement over the next four years.
Together with our partners, we will work to provide the highest quality care close to home for all residents living in the South West.
- We will be person centred and actively partner with patients and families supporting them to be healthier, more engaged, and better informed throughout the cancer journey.
- We will focus on improvements in patient experience and outcomes for colon, rectal, and skin cancer patients from suspicion of disease through active treatment.
- We will improve access, efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of Imaging and Diagnostic Services in support of cancer patients across the region.
- We will ensure sustainability and continuously improve the quality of our cancer care services across the South West.
- We will optimize all specialized programs to ensure full effectiveness within the region and across all affiliate provider sites.