As Canada's population ages and grows, the number of people living with and dying from cancer is increasing. Chronic diseases, including cancer, are the leading cause of death in Ontario. The best way to influence change is to prevent cancer in the first place. Care providers play an important role in educating patients about cancer prevention strategies.
Below is a list of resources to aid and encourage conversation with your patients about reducing their risk of developing cancer.
- Physical Activity Guidelines (ParticipACTION)
- Smokers' Helpline
- Sun Safety (Health Canada)
- Canada's Food Guide (Health Canada)
- Ontario's HPV Vaccination Program (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care)
- Canada's Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines (Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse)
My CancerIQ is a new online cancer risk assessment tool designed to start a conversation between you and your patients about breast, cervical, colorectal, and lung cancer prevention.
Click here to learn more about My CancerIQ.